I used to dread waking up in the mornings because my entire body ached. I knew it was because I needed a new mattress, but I kept putting it off because I was overwhelmed by options. I visited several local furniture stores, but nothing really caught my attention.
That’s where NECTAR comes in. I connected with this mattress company through Fresh Press Media, and a friendly employee helped me pick the perfect mattress (I chose the NECTAR Queen made of memory foam, but more on that later). The company agreed to hook me up with a complimentary mattress in exchange for my honest review, and they also gave me an affiliate link so I could share mattress deals with my readers. In other words, this is a sponsored post that contains affiliate links, but all opinions are my own.
Now that I’ve covered my bases, let’s talk about the fabulous mattress I received from NECTAR. It’s a medium-firm mattress with several layers of memory foam. I love that it’s CERTI-PUR US Certified, which means it contains zero ozone depleters or lead.
But first, let’s take a look at my old mattress:
I’m almost embarrassed to share this pic with you guys. My kids and cats have totally destroyed this mattress, and it’s saggy and uncomfortable. We won’t even talk about its disgusting color.
As you can imagine, sleeping on that mattress every night did nothing for my joints. I have joint hypertrophy, spinal stenosis, and a bunch of other fun stuff. I noticed my body felt better during my Florida vacation, and that’s probably because I was sleeping on quality mattresses in the hotels I visited.
That’s part of why NECTAR’s mattresses caught my attention. They’re made from various types of foam, so they cushion your body without sacrificing support.
I chose a medium-firm queen mattress from Nectar. It’s perfect if you’re like me and think other mattresses are too soft or hard. If you’re not sure how firm you want your mattress, take advantage of Nectar’s 365-night sleep trial.
Yes, 365 nights. I was shocked when I found out the company gives customers a full year to try a mattress. I used to write marketing copy for several well-known mattress companies, and they only offered 30-day and 90-day trials. Nectar is the only company I’ve found that gives folks a full year to sleep on their mattresses.
Oh, but it gets better. Nectar offers a Forever Warranty. The company’s website states “we believe Nectar should be the only mattress you ever need.” I dig their confidence.
I don’t want to bombard you with benefits just yet, though. I want to tell you what to expect if you order a mattress.
I wasn’t prepared for the size and weight of my mattress. The delivery guy bolted before I opened my front door, so I was stuck lugging a mattress bigger than me inside of my home.
The queen mattress measures 60 inches x 80 inches x 11 inches. I’m not sure how much it weighs, but my teenager had to help me transport my mattress from the living room to the bedroom. We barely made it.
Look how excited I was to finally have the mattress on my bed (NECTAR says to place it where you plan to open it).
My younger kids were super excited, too.
Uh oh. We put the new mattress on the old mattress.
We had to take off the blue bag, remove the old mattress, and shove the blue bag on the box springs. It was a huge hassle (keep in mind I could barely lift/roll the heavy blue bag), so hopefully you learn from my mistakes.
Okay, it’s finally time to open the big blue NECTAR bag!
Whoever tied this must have been a Boy Scout. I ended up getting scissors to get it open.
That’s a good thing, though. I found it comforting that my mattress was shipped so carefully.
After you untie the drawstring, there’s a bunch of tape. You can’t see it all in the pic, but there was tons of tape.
After you remove the layers of heavy-duty tape, slide off the blue bag and enjoy your NECTAR mattress!
Haha, just kidding. There’s another gray bag under the blue one.
Surprise! You get to remove another layer!
After you remove the gray bag, there’s a thick plastic covering that covers the mattress.
Luckily NECTAR hooks you up with a handy-dandy tool that slices easily through the plastic covering.
I didn’t notice there was a Halloween sticker on my foot until I took this pic. Thanks, kids.
Anyway, the mattress expands quickly once you remove the plastic covering. Mine started expanding before it was fully unwrapped, and my kids thought it was hilarious.
Notice how there’s still plastic on the mattress? It took us a while to get it all off.
Also, the mattress comes with two memory-foam pillows! I didn’t know this until I tore away the plastic covering.
The pillows go at the top of the bed. This makes it easy to figure out which way the mattress goes on your bed.
It’s so pretty that I don’t want to put sheets on it! Let’s look at this medium-firm memory-foam mattress from the side.
Notice how one pillow seems bigger than the other? They evened out eventually. One was just expanded a little faster than the other one.
I love these memory-foam pillows! I folded each one in half to see how well it bounced back into shape.
Ahhhhh. Finally time to relax.
Wait, I can’t. My kids have taken over my bed!
I finally got my youngest to share one of the pillows with me. Thoughtful, isn’t he?
And now the bed is all mine! Mwahahahahaha!
Wait, it needs some sheets. And pillowcases.
Don’t mind the wrinkles. This comforter is supposed to have some sort of beachy boho-chic thing going on. I bought it because it reminded me of Florida.
Fast forward to a few weeks later…
My NECTAR mattress is still amazing! I waited to write this mattress review until I had time to actually use the mattress for a while.
Here are some of the pros I’ve personally experienced:
- No more itching! My old mattress didn’t have bed bugs or anything like that (I checked numerous times), so I have no clue why it made me so itchy. I’m allergic to lots of things, so I tried switching detergent, dryer sheets, blanket materials, etc. with no luck. I thought it was just a personal issue (Google said I probably had liver disease or cancer, of course), but I let my son sleep in my mattress the first night I got it and he said, “I finally slept all night! Usually I wake up to itch!”
- No more pillow under my knees! I’ve been sleeping with a pillow between/under my knees for 5+ years due to my spinal pain. I’m able to sleep without one ever since I got this mattress!
- No sagging or sinking! My younger kids often hang out in my room before bedtime or curl up next to me after a bad dream. That used to cause sinking and sagging with my old mattress, and I’d wake up with major joint pain. Not anymore!
- Support no matter where I sit/lay! I can sit on the edge of my mattress and fold laundry without sinking into the bed. I can lay in the middle of the bed with a kiddo on each arm, and the mattress doesn’t sag.
Here’s what NECTAR says about its mattress:
- NECTAR mattresses are made with CertiPUR-US approved foams that don’t contain PBDE flame retardants, mercury, ozone depleters, lead and other heavy metals, phthalates, and formaldehyde that are regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- NECTAR mattresses boast low-VOC emissions when it comes to indoor air quality.
- Each mattress has 4 stable, sturdy layers of memory foam plus an innovative cooling cover.
- These American-made mattresses are also designed in the USA.
- The mattresses naturally resist bed bugs (I used to write articles for an exterminator – this is a huge benefit!)
Want to buy your own NECTAR mattress or learn more about the company?
CLICK HERE to view NECTAR’s memory foam mattresses!
Short on cash? Financing is available, and the company doesn’t run a credit check! You can do a rent-to-own deal on the mattress of your choice.